Rabbit anti GAPDH (N-Terminal) antibody recognizes human glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate dehydrogenase (GAPDH). GAPDH is a major glycolytic enzyme within the cytosol, which is also involved in a number of intracellular processes including membrane fusion, microtubule bundling, phosphotransferase, DNA replication and DNA repair.
GAPDH may be involved in the cellular phenotype of age-related neurodegenerative disorders such as Alzheimer’s and Huntington’s disease.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human GADPH (N-Terminal) was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- A peptide corresponding to a 16 amino acid sequence from near the amino-terminus of GAPDH.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (phosphorylating) activity
peptidyl-cysteine S-nitrosylase activity
perinuclear region of cytoplasm
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of GAPDH antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human liver tissue
- Western Blotting
- AHP1628 detects a band of approximately 40kDa in HeLa cell lysates.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
References for GAPDH antibody
Rogalska, A. et al. (2014) Epothilone B induces extrinsic pathway of apoptosis in human SKOV-3 ovarian cancer cells.
Toxicol In Vitro. 28: 675-83.
Paré, B. et al. (2015) Early detection of structural abnormalities and cytoplasmic accumulation of TDP-43 in tissue-engineered skins derived from ALS patients.
Acta Neuropathol Commun. 3 (1): 5.
Mohan, H. et al. (2014) Nutrients differentially regulate nucleobindin-2/nesfatin-1 in vitro in cultured stomach ghrelinoma (MGN3-1) cells and in vivo in male mice.
PLoS One. 9 (12): e115102.
Nevzorova, Y.A. et al. (2017) Anti-tumorigenic and anti-angiogenic effects of natural conifer Abies sibirica terpenoids in vivo and in vitro.
Biomed Pharmacother. 89: 386-95.
Antonucci, J.M. et al. (2016) SAMHD1-mediated HIV-1 restriction in cells does not involve ribonuclease activity.
Nat Med. 22 (10): 1072-1074.