Rabbit anti Human FAP alpha antibody detects fibroblast activation protein alpha (FAP alpha), a type II membrane protein belonging to the serine protease family. FAP alpha is upregulated on activated fibroblasts in response to wounding, and may also be involved in epithelial-mesenchymal interactions during development and tissue repair.
Active FAP alpha is a ~170 kDa homodimeric protein which can also exist as a soluble form. FAP alpha can also form heterodimeric complexes with CD26 (DPP4), and these proteins may function co-ordinately to modulate the growth, differentiation, adhesion and metastasis of tumour cells.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to FAP alpha were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide: extracellular domain of human FAP alpha, conjugated to keyhole limpet hemocyanin.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
serine-type endopeptidase activity
integral to membrane
negative regulation of extracellular matrix disassembly
protein homodimerization activity
endothelial cell migration
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of FAP Alpha antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
Kelly, T. (2005) Fibroblast activation protein-alpha and dipeptidyl peptidase IV (CD26): cell-surface proteases that activate cell signaling and are potential targets for cancer therapy.
Drug Resist Updat. 8 (1-2): 51-8.