Rabbit anti Human dopamine transporter antibody recognizes an epitope within the C-terminal region of dopamine transporter (DAT), also known as solute carrier family 6.
DAT is principally expressed in the presynaptic membrane of dopaminergic nerve terminals, where it mediates the rapid removal of dopamine from the synaptic cleft after neuronal stimulation. As such, DAT plays an important role in regulating the availability of dopamine in the synaptic cleft and thus in modulating the physiological functions of dopamine.
The reuptake of dopamine by DAT is inhibited by psychostimulants such as cocaine and amphetamine.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human dopamine transporter (CT) were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- 10mM HEPES pH7.5
- Preservative Stabilisers
|0.01%||Bovine Serum Albumin|
- Keyhole limpet haemocyanin conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to the C-terminus region (CT) of human dopamine transporter.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
neurotransmitter biosynthetic process
integral to plasma membrane
neuronal cell body
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Dopamine Transporter antibody
|Immunohistology - Frozen
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP932 detects a band of approximately 88kDa in human caudate cell lysates.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
References for Dopamine Transporter antibody
Mozley, L.H. et al. (2001) Striatal dopamine transporters and cognitive functioning in healthy men and women.
Am J Psychiatry. 158 (9): 1492-9.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra