CD98 is a member of the solute carrier family and encodes a cell surface, transmembrane protein. The protein exists as the heavy chain of a heterodimer, covalently bound through di-sulfide bonds to one of several possible light chains. The encoded transporter plays a role in regulation of intracellular calcium levels and transports L-type amino acids. Alternatively spliced transcript variants, encoding different isoforms, have been characterized (provided by RefSeq, Nov 2010).
Rabbit anti Human CD98 antibody detects a band of 80-105 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti CD98 detects a band of approximately 80-105 kDa in HeLa cell lysate
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- KLH-conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to aa 588-615 of human CD98
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch
- P08195 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- SLC3A2 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0016049 cell growth
- GO:0007596 blood coagulation
- GO:0003824 catalytic activity
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005432 calcium:sodium antiporter activity
- GO:0005975 carbohydrate metabolic process
- GO:0009986 cell surface
- GO:0015175 neutral amino acid transmembrane transporter activity
- GO:0015827 tryptophan transport
- GO:0016324 apical plasma membrane
- GO:0034641 cellular nitrogen compound metabolic process
- GO:0042470 melanosome
- GO:0043169 cation binding
- GO:0050900 leukocyte migration
- GO:0060356 leucine import
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of CD98 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.