Rabbit anti Human CD5L antibody recognizes the N-terminal (NT) region of human CD5L, also known as Apoptosis Inhibitor expressed by Macrophages (AIM), and SP alpha. CD5L is a soluble ~38 kDa glycoprotein produced by mature macrophages, and has been shown to support their survival and enhance phagocytic function. CD5L expression is upregulated in response to LXR/RXR heterodimer activation.
CD5L has been shown to mediate the survival of macrophages in atherosclerotic plaques.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human CD5L were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 16 amino acid peptide sequence near the amino terminus of human CD5L.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
scavenger receptor activity
cellular defense response
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of CD5L antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections. Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1169 detects a band of approximately 38kDa in human lymph node tissue lysates.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
Sarrias, M.R. et al. (2005) A role for human Sp alpha as a pattern recognition receptor.
J Biol Chem. 280 (42): 35391-8.
Arai, S. et al. (2005) A role for the apoptosis inhibitory factor AIM/Spalpha/Api6 in atherosclerosis development.
Cell Metab. 1 (3): 201-13.