Rabbit anti Human CD257 antibody recognizes CD257, also known as BLyS, BAFF, TALL-1 and THANK. CD257 is a member of the tumor necrosis factor (TNF) superfamily. CD257 and its receptor TACI/BCMA are involved in the development of autoimmune diseases. CD257 activates NFκB and JNK (c-jun N-terminal kinase) inducing apoptosis.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to CD257 (BAFF) were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbit with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by ion exchange chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Peptide corresponding to amino acids 254-269 of human CD257 (BAFF).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
integral to membrane
tumor necrosis factor receptor binding
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of CD257 antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP587 detects a band of approximately 31kDa in mouse spleen tissue lysate and human HL60 cell lysate
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
Moore, P.A. et al. (1999) BLyS: member of the tumor necrosis factor family and B lymphocyte stimulator.
Science. 285 (5425): 260-3.