Rabbit anti Human caspase-9 antibody recognizes human caspase-9, also known as ICE-LAP6, McL6 and Apaf-3. Caspase-9 plays a central role in programmed cell death. Following activation, induced by the binding of Apaf-1, caspase-9 cleaves and activates caspase-3.
Rabbit anti Human caspase-9 antibody (AHP492) recognizes the ~46 kDa caspase-9 in western blots.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human caspase-9 were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids 299-318 of human caspase-9.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
cysteine-type endopeptidase activity
enzyme activator activity
induction of apoptosis by intracellular signals
activation of caspase activity by cytochrome c
nerve growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Caspase-9 antibody
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
Li, P. et al. (1997) Cytochrome c and dATP-dependent formation of Apaf-1/caspase-9 complex initiates an apoptotic protease cascade.
Cell. 91 (4): 479-89.
Pan, G. et al. (1998) Caspase-9, Bcl-XL, and Apaf-1 form a ternary complex.
J Biol Chem. 273 (10): 5841-5.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra