Filter by Application:P C IF Reset
|Rabbit anti Human BMP-2 antibody recognizes the disulphide-linked homodimeric cysteine knot protein known as human Bone Morphogenetic Protein 2 (BMP-2/BMP-2a), full-length 396 amino acids. BMP-2 is a member of the Transforming Growth Factor beta (TGF-B) superfamily and one of a growing number of osteogenic proteins shown to induce bone and cartilage formation and to play an important role in developmental processes, including cell proliferation, differentiation, apoptosis and morphogenesis.
BMPs act through binding with a receptor complex consisting of type I and type II serine/threonine kinases, resulting ultimately in the activation of the Smad protein and mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) signaling pathways. Several antagonist proteins, including, noggin, chordin, gremlin and follistatin, are responsible for modulating the signaling effects of BMPs, through the binding and blocking of receptor ligands, thereby preventing activation.
The realization that BMP-2 was involved in the stimulation of bone formation emerged from research in spinal surgery, following the discovery that the healing of bones was directed by proteins contained within the bone matrix itself.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG conjugated to Biotin - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.5ml sterile PBS containing 0.1% Bovine Serum Albumin.
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
N.B. For long term storage the addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended.
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human BMP-2 were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present.
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant human BMP-2
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
After reconstitution store at -20°C.
This product should be stored undiluted. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|ELISA||0.25 ug/ml||1.0 ug/ml|
|Western Blotting||0.1 ug/ml||0.2 ug/ml|
- This biotinylated human BMP-2 antibody may be used in a direct ELISA or as the detection reagent in a sandwich ELISA with our purified human BMP-2 antibody (AHP960) as the capture reagent.
- Western Blotting
- This antibody may be used in Western Blotting under either reducing or non-reducing conditions.
References for BMP-2 antibody
Bessa, P.C. et al. (2008) Osteoinduction in human fat-derived stem cells by recombinant human bone morphogenetic protein-2 produced in Escherichia coli.
Biotechnol Lett. 30 (1): 15-21.
Kimura, N. et al. (2000) BMP2-induced apoptosis is mediated by activation of the TAK1-p38 kinase pathway that is negatively regulated by Smad6.
J Biol Chem. 275 (23): 17647-52.
Kirsch, T. et al. (2000) BMP-2 antagonists emerge from alterations in the low-affinity binding epitope for receptor BMPR-II.
EMBO J. 19 (13): 3314-24.
Keller, S. et al. (2004) Molecular recognition of BMP-2 and BMP receptor IA.
Nat Struct Mol Biol. 11 (5): 481-8.
Balemans, W. & VanHul, W. (2002) Extracellular regulation of BMP signaling in vertebrates: a cocktail of modulators.
Dev Biol. 250 (2): 231-50.
Sebald, W. et al. (2004) Molecular recognition in bone morphogenetic protein (BMP)/receptor interaction.
Biol Chem. 385 (8): 697-710.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0001649 osteoblast differentiation
- GO:0001938 positive regulation of endothelial cell proliferation
- GO:0003130 BMP signaling pathway involved in heart induction
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005160 transforming growth factor beta receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0040007 growth
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- GO:0008285 negative regulation of cell proliferation
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0010552 positive regulation of gene-specific transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0010553 negative regulation of gene-specific transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0010862 positive regulation of pathway-restricted SMAD protein phosphorylation
- GO:0010922 positive regulation of phosphatase activity
- GO:0016362 activin receptor activity, type II
- GO:0016563 transcription activator activity
- GO:0016566 specific transcriptional repressor activity
- GO:0019211 phosphatase activator activity
- GO:0030501 positive regulation of bone mineralization
- GO:0035051 cardiac cell differentiation
- GO:0035630 bone mineralization involved in bone maturation
- GO:0043065 positive regulation of apoptosis
- GO:0045669 positive regulation of osteoblast differentiation
- GO:0045786 negative regulation of cell cycle
- GO:0046332 SMAD binding
- GO:0046982 protein heterodimerization activity
- GO:0051216 cartilage development
- GO:0060317 cardiac epithelial to mesenchymal transition
- GO:0060389 pathway-restricted SMAD protein phosphorylation
- GO:0060395 SMAD protein signal transduction
- GO:0061036 positive regulation of cartilage development
- GO:0070700 BMP receptor binding
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up