Rabbit anti Human Annexin V antibody (AHP1924) recognizes human annexin V (ANXA5), otherwise known as lipocortin V, a calcium-dependent phospholipid-binding protein and member of the annexin family, which binds with high affinity and selectivity to phosphatidylserine (PS).
The translocation of PS from the cytosolic leaflet to the outer leaflet of the plasma membrane, due to a loss in plasma membrane asymmetry during apoptosis, acts as an in vivo signal for the removal of the dying cell, by phagocytosis. Detection of PS using Annexin V therefore provides a reliable diagnostic tool for the indication of early programmed cell death.
Annexin V has also been identified as an anticoagulant protein in the blood coagulation cascade, by acting as an inhibitor of prothrombin activation. The presence of antibodies to Annexin V, are associated with systemic lupus erythematosus, recurrent spontaneous abortions and systemic sclerosis.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human ANXA5 were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- 6xHis-tagged full-length recombinant human ANXA5 (NP_001145.1).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
calcium ion binding
phospholipase inhibitor activity
calcium-dependent phospholipid binding
negative regulation of coagulation
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Annexin V antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra