Rabbit anti Human 5-HT7 receptor antibodyrecognizes the C-terminal region of the serotonin (5-hydroxytryptamine, 5-HT) receptor 5-HT7, which belongs to the G-protein coupled receptor superfamily. Serotonin is a neurotransmitter and vasoactive amine which is thought to play a role in various cognitive and behavioural functions including pain, appetite, mood and sleep.
Signalling through 5-HT7 has several effects, including regulation of the circadian rhythm and mediation of smooth-muscle relaxation in the vasculature and gastrointestinal tract. Signalling though 5-HT7 has also been shown to contribute to early T-cell activation.
5-HT7 has been implicated in depression, autism, and other neuropsychiatric disorders.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
||Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to 5-HT7 receptor (CT) were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to the C-terminal regoin of human 5-HT7 receptor, conjugated to Keyhole Limpet Hemocyanin (KLH).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
serotonin receptor activity
integral to plasma membrane
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of 5-HT7 Receptor antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Brain, cerebellum
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
References for 5-HT7 Receptor antibody
Kobe, F. et al. (2012) 5-HT7R/G12 Signaling Regulates Neuronal Morphology and Function in an Age-Dependent Manner.
J Neurosci. 32: 2915-30.
Renner, U. et al. (2012) Heterodimerization of serotonin receptors 5-HT1A and 5-HT7 differentially regulates receptor signalling and trafficking.
J Cell Sci. 125 (Pt 10): 2486-99.
León-Ponte, M. et al. (2007) Serotonin provides an accessory signal to enhance T-cell activation by signaling through the 5-HT7 receptor.
Blood. 109 (8): 3139-46.