Filter by Application:IF F IC Reset
Rabbit anti BrdU
- Product Type
- Polyclonal Antibody
- Polyclonal IgG
|Rabbit anti BrdU antibody recognizes bromodeoxyuridine (known as BrdU or BrdUrd). BrdU is a synthetic thymidine analog, which when added to cell culture media can be incorporated into the DNA of replicating cells as a substitute for thymidine. This characteristic combined with the ease of detecting incorporated BrdU with the help of anti-BrdU antibodies has resulted in establishing BrdU as a key tool for the visualization of cells in the S-Phase of the cell cycle.
BrdU is also commonly used in vivo for monitoring cell proliferation in model systems; BrdU can be administered via intraperitoneal injection, subcutaneous osmotic pump implants (Tesfaiqzi et al. 2004) or in drinking water (Moser et al. 2004).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to BrdU was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Bromodeoxyuridine conjugated to KLH
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Flow Cytometry 1||1/50||1/100|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin||1/100||1/500|
- 1Flow Cytometry protocols can be found at:
BrdU Staining of Cells with Rabbit Anti-BrdU Antibody by Flow Cytometry.
- 2BrdU labeling and immunostaining protocol can be found at:
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up