Neisseria Meningitidis antibody
N. meningitidis is a gram-negative bacteria that is a causative agent of meningitis. There are 13 known significant serogroups, classified according to the structure of their polysaccharide capsule. Serogroups, A, B, C, D, X, Y, Z, 29E and W135 are responsible for virtually all cases of the human disease.
The carbohydrate component of the capsular membrane induces a T cell independent immune response, so neither long term immunity by memory cell formation nor antibody affinity maturation is observed. Rather than being engulfed and processed by an antigen presenting cell, the carbohydrate capsule interacts directly with B cells. This interaction causes production of serogroup specific antibodies, primarily IgM. IgG is also produced with an IgG1 response predominating in children and an IgG2 response predominating in adults.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Whole cell preparation of N. meningitidis types A, B and C.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 4 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- For research purposes only
Applications of Neisseria Meningitidis antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):Biotin||STAR121B||E WB||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR121F||F||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR121P||E WB||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR124P||C E WB||1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:FITC||STAR34B||C F||1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:RPE||STAR35A||F||1 ml|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®488||STAR36D488GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®680||STAR36D680GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:Dylight®800||STAR36D800GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
Product Specific References
References for Neisseria Meningitidis antibody
Connor, D.O. et al. (2017) Epitope determination of immunogenic proteins of Neisseria gonorrhoeae.
PLoS One. 12 (7): e0180962.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra