Rabbit anti Clostridium difficile toxin A antibody recognizes Clostridium difficile toxin A. Clostridium difficile is a gram-positive motile bacterium and the leading cause of diarrhoea in developed countries. The incidence of disease in humans varies greatly with age, spore density, and the administration of antibiotics.
Toxin A (TcdA) is a large exotoxin which is an essential virulence factor for C. difficile infection. TcdA has a molecular mass of ~308 kDa and is a glucosyltransferase, which irreversibly inactivates the Ras family of small GTPases to disrupt many important signalling pathways.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to the amino acids 2123 - 2132 of the native molecule conjugated to Keyhole limpet Haemocyanin.
Peptide sequence: CTIDGKKYYFN.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 5.0mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- GO Terms
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Clostridium difficile Toxin A antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2022 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for Clostridium difficile Toxin A antibody
Voth, D.E. & Ballard, J.D. (2005) Clostridium difficile toxins: mechanism of action and role in disease.
Clin Microbiol Rev. 18 (2): 247-63.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra