Rabbit anti arginine vasopressin antibody recognizes arginine vasopressin. Binding is completely blocked with the arginine vasopression peptide. Cells are found in the paraventricular and supraoptic nucleus and fibers are found throughout the hypothalmus in rat brain of 4% FA perfused tissue.
- Product Form
- Serum - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to Arginine Vasopressin were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Whole serum is supplied - diluted.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide
- Arginine Vasopressin: CYFQNCPG-NH2
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P01186 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- Avp Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0001659 temperature homeostasis
- GO:0002125 maternal aggressive behavior
- GO:0003078 regulation of natriuresis
- GO:0003084 positive regulation of systemic arterial blood pressure
- GO:0005185 neurohypophyseal hormone activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0030141 stored secretory granule
- GO:0006939 smooth muscle contraction
- GO:0007204 elevation of cytosolic calcium ion concentration
- GO:0007621 negative regulation of female receptivity
- GO:0007625 grooming behavior
- GO:0007626 locomotory behavior
- GO:0008284 positive regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0014049 positive regulation of glutamate secretion
- GO:0030307 positive regulation of cell growth
- GO:0030425 dendrite
- GO:0031394 positive regulation of prostaglandin biosynthetic process
- GO:0031894 V1A vasopressin receptor binding
- GO:0031895 V1B vasopressin receptor binding
- GO:0031896 V2 vasopressin receptor binding
- GO:0032849 positive regulation of cellular pH reduction
- GO:0035094 response to nicotine
- GO:0035176 social behavior
- GO:0042310 vasoconstriction
- GO:0042538 hyperosmotic salinity response
- GO:0042711 maternal behavior
- GO:0043084 penile erection
- GO:0045471 response to ethanol
- GO:0045907 positive regulation of vasoconstriction
- GO:0051970 negative regulation of transmission of nerve impulse
- For research purposes only
Applications of Arg-Vasopressin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen||1/500||1/5000|
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:Biotin||2AB02B||1 ml||C E P WB|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):Biotin||STAR121B||1 mg||E WB|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR121F||1 mg||F|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR121P||1 mg||E WB|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR124P||1 mg||C E WB|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:FITC||STAR34B||1 mg||C F|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:RPE||STAR35A||1 ml||F|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®488||STAR36D488GA||0.1 mg||F IF WB|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®549||STAR36D549GA||0.1 mg||F IF|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®649||STAR36D649GA||0.1 mg||F IF|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®680||STAR36D680GA||0.1 mg||F IF WB|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:Dylight®800||STAR36D800GA||0.1 mg||F IF WB|
Product Specific References
References for Arg-Vasopressin antibody
Suzuki, S. & Handa, R.J. (2005) Estrogen receptor-beta, but not estrogen receptor-alpha, is expressed in prolactin neurons of the female rat paraventricular and supraoptic nuclei: comparison with other neuropeptides.
J Comp Neurol. 484: 28-42.