Rabbit anti arg-vasopressin antibody is specific for arginine vasopressin, also known as antidiuretic hormone.
Arginine vasopressin, is a nine amino acid peptide secreted from the posterior pituitary in response to reductions in plasma volume and increases is plasma osmolarity. Its release triggers water reabsorption due to the insertion of aquaporins in the membranes of kidney tubules which transport solute-free water through tubular cells and back into the blood.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
||Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Synthetic arginine vasopressin conjugated to bovine thyroglobulin
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 5.0 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
neurohypophyseal hormone activity
generation of precursor metabolites and energy
positive regulation of gene expression
sodium-independent organic anion transport
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Arg-Vasopressin antibody
|Immunohistology - Frozen
|Immunohistology - Paraffin
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Hypothalamus and posterior lobe of the pituitary gland
Copyright © 2022 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
References for Arg-Vasopressin antibody
Radotra, B. et al. (2010) Primary sellar neuroblastoma presenting with syndrome of inappropriate secretion of anti-diuretic hormone.
Endocr Pathol. 21: 266-73.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra