Feline Immunodeficiency Virus p24 gag antibody | PAK3-2C1
The lentivirus FIV, responsible for a progressive and debilitating immune deficiency syndrome in domestic cats, similar to that caused by the human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV), is a complex retrovirus with a tightly-packed genome, containing the structural genes gag, env and pro-pol and the accessory genes vif, rev and ORF-A/2.
The specific binding epitope recognized by Mouse anti Feline Immunodeficiency Virus p24 gag antibody, clone PAK3-2C1 appears to be enclosed in a tight peptide coil during gag production and maturation. The addition of 0.3% Triton-X detergent is recommended to reveal this epitope for antibody binding.
Mouse anti Feline Immunodeficiency Virus p24 gag antibody, clone PAK3-2C1 detects a dominant band of approximately 24kDa, and also detects p24 gag precursor bands at 36, 39, 49 and 52 kDa under reducing conditions in Western blotting.
Mouse anti Feline Immunodeficiency Virus p24 gag antibody, clone PAK3-2C1 does not recognize Feline Leukaemia Virus (FeLV), Feline Herpes Virus (FHV) type 1, Feline Coronavirus or Feline Calicivirus.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.05% Sodium Azide
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- For research purposes only
Applications of Feline Immunodeficiency Virus p24 gag antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Flow Cytometry 1|
|Immunohistology - Frozen 2|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin|
- 1Membrane permeabilisation is required for this application. Bio-Rad recommends the use of Leucoperm™ (Product Code BUF09) for this purpose.
- 2The epitope recognised by this antibody is reported to be sensitive to formaldehyde fixation and tissue processing. Bio-Rad recommends the use of acetone fixation for frozen sections.
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit F(ab')2 anti Mouse IgG:RPE||STAR12A||F||1 ml|
|Rabbit F(ab')2 anti Mouse IgG:HRP (Human Adsorbed)||STAR13B||C E P RE WB||1 mg|
|Rabbit F(ab')2 anti Mouse IgG:FITC||STAR9B||F||1 mg|
Product Specific References
References for Feline Immunodeficiency Virus p24 gag antibody
Lerner, D.L. et al. (1995) Increased mutation frequency of feline immunodeficiency virus lacking functional deoxyuridine-triphosphatase.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 92 (16): 7480-4.
Chatterji, U. et al. (2000) Feline immunodeficiency virus Vif localizes to the nucleus.
J Virol. 74 (6): 2533-40.
Rolim, V.M. et al. (2016) Myocarditis caused by Feline Immunodeficiency Virus in Five Cats with Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy.
J Comp Pathol. 154 (1): 3-8.
Freer, G. et al. (2007) Effects of feline immunodeficiency virus on feline monocyte-derived dendritic cells infected by spinoculation.
J Gen Virol. 88 (Pt 9): 2574-82.