Trastuzumab antibody | AbD25279
Human anti Trastuzumab (Drug/Target Complex)
Anti-trastuzumab drug-target complex antibody specifically recognizes the trastuzumab- HER2/neu receptor complex exclusively and detects trastuzumab or biosimilars only when bound to the HER2/neu receptor. This antibody in monovalent Fab format is suitable for a PK antigen capture format assay.
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
- HuCAL Fab bivalent
|Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Trastuzumab (trade name Herceptin®) is a drug used in the treatment of HER2 positive breast cancer and other HER2 overexpressing cancers including HER2-positive metastatic cancers of the gastrointestinal tract. Trastuzumab binds to the HER2 (or c-erbB2) proto-oncogene, an EGF receptor-like protein found on 20-30% of breast cancer cells. The binding leads to antibody mediated (complement mediated) killing of the HER2 positive cells.
View a summary of all anti-trastuzumab antibodies
- Product Form
- A bivalent human recombinant Fab (lambda light chain) selected from the HuCAL® phage display library, expressed in E. coli. This Fab fragment is bivalent by dimerization of the bacterial alkaline phosphatase fusion protein. The antibody is tagged with a DYKDDDDK tag and a HIS-tag (HHHHHH) at the C-terminus of the antibody heavy chain.
- Metal chelate affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Thiomersal
- The monovalent intrinsic affinity of this antibody was measured as KD=31 nM by real time, label-free molecular interaction analysis on immobilized trastuzumab/ErbB2 complex.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Antibody concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- This product and/or its use is covered by claims of U.S. patents, and/or pending U.S. and non-U.S. patent applications owned by or under license to Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. See bio-rad.com/en-us/trademarks for details.
His-tag is a registered trademark of EMD Biosciences.
- Licensed Use
- For in vitro research purposes and for commercial applications for the provision of in vitro testing services to support preclinical and clinical drug development. Any re-sale in any form or any other commercial application needs a written agreement with Bio-Rad.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Trastuzumab antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual
- This product may be used as a detection reagent in a direct or an indirect ELISA for trastuzumab captured by immobilized human ErbB2.
Protocol: PK antigen capture ELISA to measure bound drug exclusively
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Hispec Assay Diluent||BUF049A||E IY||50 ml|
|LYNX Rapid HRP Antibody Conjugation Kit||LNK002P||CJ||3 Conjugations For 400µg Antibody|
|Rat anti DYKDDDDK Tag:HRP||MCA4764P||E P WB||0.1 mg|
|Mouse anti Penta Histidine Tag:HRP||MCA5995P||E WB||125 µl|
Product Specific References
References for Trastuzumab antibody
Harth, S. et al. (2019) Generation by phage display and characterization of drug-target complex-specific antibodies for pharmacokinetic analysis of biotherapeutics.
MAbs. 11 (1): 178-190.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra