Tocilizumab antibody | AbD21346_hIgG1
Human anti Tocilizumab
Anti-tocilizumab antibody is a recombinant, neutralizing anti-idiotypic antibody in fully human IgG1 format, suitable for bioanalytical assays for tocilizumab and biosimilars. It is recommended as a reference standard with medium affinity for an ADA bridging ELISA.
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Tocilizumab, marketed under the brand name RoActemra® in Europe and Actemra® in North America, is a humanized IgG1/kappa monoclonal antibody approved for the treatment of moderate to severe rheumatoid arthritis and for the treatment of systemic juvenile idiopathic arthritis. This therapeutic antibody, directed against IL-6R, acts by blocking the binding of IL-6R (both the soluble form, sIL-6R, and the membrane bound form, mIL-6R) to IL-6, thus impeding the pro-inflammatory properties of this cytokine.
Clone AbD21346_hIgG1 is one of a range of Type 1 (HCA252), (HCA253), (HCA254), (HCA256) and Type 2 (HCA257) anti-idiotypic antibodies to tocilizumab available from Bio-Rad and forms part of a wider and expanding portfolio of anti-idiotypic antibodies that have been developed for the detection of biotherapeutics.
- Product Form
- Human IgG1 antibody (kappa light chain) selected from the HuCAL® phage display library and expressed in a human cell line. This antibody is supplied as a liquid.
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Thiomersal
- The monovalent intrinsic affinity of this antibody was measured as KD=6.2 nM by real time, label-free molecular interaction analysis on immobilized tocilizuimab.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Antibody concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use
- Shelf Life
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Sold under license of U.S. Patents 6753136, 7785859 and 8273688 and corresponding patents. This antibody was developed by Bio-Rad, Zeppelinstr. 4, 82178 Puchheim, Germany.
Actemra® and RoActemra® are registered trademarks of Hoffman-La Roche and Chugai Pharmaceuticals co., Ltd.
- Licensed Use
- For in vitro research purposes and for commercial applications for the provision of in vitro testing services to support preclinical and clinical drug development. Any re-sale in any form or any other commercial application needs a written agreement with Bio-Rad.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Tocilizumab antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual
- This product may be used in a direct ELISA or as a detection reagent in a bridging ELISA together with HCA252 as the capture reagent.
Protocol: PK bridging ELISA to measure free drug
This antibody is fully human and can be used as a reference standard in an ADA assay.
Protocol: ADA bridging ELISA
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Human anti Tocilizumab||HCA252||0.1 mg||E*|
|Human anti Tocilizumab||HCA253||0.1 mg||E|
|Human anti Tocilizumab||HCA254||0.1 mg||E|
|Human anti Tocilizumab||HCA256||0.1 mg||E|
|Human anti Tocilizumab||HCA257||0.1 mg||E|
|LYNX Rapid HRP Antibody Conjugation Kit||LNK001P||1 Conjugation For 400µg Antibody||CJ|
|LYNX Rapid HRP Antibody Conjugation Kit||LNK002P||3 Conjugations For 400µg Antibody||CJ|
|LYNX Rapid HRP Antibody Conjugation Kit||LNK003P||1 Conjugation For 4mg Antibody||CJ|
|LYNX Rapid HRP Antibody Conjugation Kit||LNK004P||5 Conjugations For 4mg Antibody||CJ|
|LYNX Rapid HRP Antibody Conjugation Kit||LNK005P||1 Conjugation For 20mg Antibody||CJ|
|LYNX Rapid HRP Antibody Conjugation Kit||LNK006P||3 Conjugations For 40µg Antibody||CJ|