Palivizumab antibody | AbD23967
Filter by Application:E Reset
|Human anti Palivizumab, clone AbD23967, is a paratope specific, high affinity, anti-idiotypic antibody that specifically recognizes the monoclonal antibody drug palivizumab and inhibits it binding to its target. The antibody can be used to measure the levels of palivizumab and biosimilar products in bioanalytical assays.
Our anti palivizumab antibodies can be used to develop a pharmacokinetic (PK) bridging assay to measure free drug. This antibody, in monovalent Fab format, is recommended as the capture antibody, paired with the antibody in full immunoglobulin (Ig) format, clone AbD23967_hIgG1 (HCA262), as the detection antibody. The antibody in Ig format can also be used to develop and calibrate immune response assays to measure the anti-drug antibody (ADA) response in patient sera.
Palivizumab (Synagis®) is a humanized mouse monoclonal antibody (IgG1/kappa) specific to an epitope of the F protein of respiratory syncytial virus (RSV). It binds the antigenic site A, a highly conserved region on the RSV F protein between amino acids 258 and 275. RSV is known to cause infections of the lower respiratory tract in a clear seasonal pattern during the winter months. Administration of the drug is recommended for premature infants (under 35 weeks gestation), infants with certain congenital heart defects (CHD) or bronchopulmonary dysplasia (BPD) throughout the duration of the RSV season. It is approved by the FDA and EMA as a treatment for respiratory tract infection caused by RSV.
View a summary of all anti-palivizumab antibodies
- Product Form
- A monovalent human recombinant Fab (lambda light chain) selected from the HuCAL® phage display library, expressed in E. coli. The antibody is tagged with a DYKDDDDK tag and a HIS-tag (HHHHHH) at the C-terminus of the antibody heavy chain. This antibody is supplied as a liquid.
- Metal chelate affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Thiomersal
- The monovalent intrinsic affinity of this antibody was measured as KD = 1.5 nM by real time, label free molecular interaction analysis on immobilized palivizumab.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Antibody concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
- This product and/or its use is covered by claims of U.S. patents, and/or pending U.S. and non-U.S. patent applications owned by or under license to Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. See bio-rad.com/en-us/trademarks for details.
His-tag is a registered trademark of EMD Biosciences.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual
- This product may be used in direct or indirect ELISA and in a PK bridging ELISA as a capture antibody together with the same antibody or HCA262P as the detection reagent.
Protocol: PK bridging ELISA to measure free drug
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Your Price||Quantity|
|Rat anti DYKDDDDK Tag:HRP||MCA4764P||E P WB||0.1 mg||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Rat anti DYKDDDDK Tag:HRP|
|Mouse anti Penta Histidine Tag:HRP||MCA5995P||E WB||125 µl||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Mouse anti Penta Histidine Tag:HRP|
- Licensed Use
- For in vitro research purposes and for commercial applications for the provision of in vitro testing services to support preclinical and clinical drug development. Any re-sale in any form or any other commercial application needs a written agreement with Bio-Rad.
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up