- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Carrier Free
- E. coli expressed recombinant mouse IL-2.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
interleukin-2 receptor binding
growth factor activity
positive regulation of activated T cell proliferation
positive regulation of tyrosine phosphorylation of Stat5 protein
positive regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
regulation of T cell homeostatic proliferation
positive regulation of isotype switching to IgG isotypes
negative regulation of lymphocyte proliferation
negative regulation of inflammatory response
positive regulation of immunoglobulin secretion
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of IL-2 antibody
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Clone JES6-1A12 may be used in an indirect ELISA or as the capture reagent in a sandwich ELISA with MCA1303G clone JES6-5H4 as the detection reagent. Conjugation of MCA1303G will be required. Bio-Rad reccomends the use of LYNX rapid conjugation kits.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for IL-2 antibody
Rigby, S.M. et al. (2003) Total lymphoid irradiation nonmyeloablative preconditioning enriches for IL-4-producing CD4+-TNK cells and skews differentiation of immunocompetent donor CD4+ cells.
Blood. 101 (5): 2024-32.
Eyles, J.L. et al. (2002) Negative regulation of interleukin-12 signaling by suppressor of cytokine signaling-1.
J Biol Chem. 277 (46): 43735-40.
Kitching, A.R. et al. (2000) IL-18 has IL-12-independent effects in delayed-type hypersensitivity: studies in cell-mediated crescentic glomerulonephritis.
J Immunol. 165 (8): 4649-57.
Abrams, J.S. et al. (1992) Strategies of anti-cytokine monoclonal antibody development: immunoassay of IL-10 and IL-5 in clinical samples.
Immunol Rev. 127: 5-24.
Sander, B. et al. (1993) Similar frequencies and kinetics of cytokine producing cells in murine peripheral blood and spleen. Cytokine detection by immunoassay and intracellular immunostaining.
J Immunol Methods. 166 (2): 201-14.
Bihl, F. et al. (2010) Primed antigen-specific CD4+ T cells are required for NK cell activation in vivo upon Leishmania major infection.
J Immunol. 185: 2174-81
Tachibana, M. et al. (2000) Coreceptor function of mutant human CD4 molecules without affinity to gp120 of human immunodeficiency virus.
J Biol Chem. 275: 20288-94.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra