Mouse anti Luciferase antibody, clone LUC-Y detects the expression of the luciferase gene of the North American firefly Photinus pyralis in cells and tissues.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant luciferase expressed in E. coli.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c were fused with cells of the SP20 myeloma cell line.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- GO Terms
metal ion binding
Photinus-luciferin 4-monooxygenase (ATP-hydrolyzing) activity
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Luciferase antibody
|Flow Cytometry 1
|Immunohistology - Frozen
- 1 Membrane permeabilisation is required for this application. Bio-Rad recommends the use of Leucoperm™ (Product Code BUF09) for this purpose.
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul.
- Western Blotting
- MCA2076 detects a band of approximately 55 - 60 kDa with a sample of 1ug of purified luciferase from Photinus pyralis on a Western blot.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Negative Isotype Controls Available
Application Based External Images
Product Specific References
References for Luciferase antibody
Laakkonen, J.P. et al. (2009) Clathrin-independent entry of baculovirus triggers uptake of E. coli in non-phagocytic human cells.
PLoS One. 4:e5093.
van Beusechem, V.W. et al. (2002) Efficient and selective gene transfer into primary human brain tumors by using single-chain antibody-targeted adenoviral vectors with native tropism abolished.
J Virol. 76: 2753-62.
Zhao, D. et al. (2008) Antivascular effects of combretastatin A4 phosphate in breast cancer xenograft assessed using dynamic bioluminescence imaging and confirmed by MRI.
FASEB J. 22: 2445-51.
Spiotto, M.T. et al. (2010) Imaging the unfolded protein response in primary tumors reveals microenvironments with metabolic variations that predict tumor growth.
Cancer Res. 70: 78-88.
Howarth, J.L. et al. (2007) Hsp40 molecules that target to the ubiquitin-proteasome system decrease inclusion formation in models of polyglutamine disease.
Mol Ther. 15: 1100-5.
Keravala, A. et al. (2008) Long-term transgene expression in mouse neural progenitor cells modified with phiC31 integrase.
J Neurosci Methods. 173: 299-305.
Zhou, H. et al. (2009) Dynamic near-infrared optical imaging of 2-deoxyglucose uptake by intracranial glioma of athymic mice.
PLoS One. 4: e8051.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra