Mouse anti Luciferase antibody, clone LUC-Y detects the expression of the luciferase gene of the North American firefly Photinus pyralis in cells and tissues.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant luciferase expressed in E. coli.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c were fused with cells of the SP20 myeloma cell line.
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- GO Terms
metal ion binding
Photinus-luciferin 4-monooxygenase (ATP-hydrolyzing) activity
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Luciferase antibody
|Flow Cytometry 1
|Immunohistology - Frozen
- 1 Membrane permeabilisation is required for this application. Bio-Rad recommends the use of Leucoperm™ (Product Code BUF09) for this purpose.
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Flow Cytometry
- Use 10ul of the suggested working dilution to label 1x106 cells in 100ul.
- Western Blotting
- MCA2076 detects a band of approximately 55 - 60 kDa with a sample of 1ug of purified luciferase from Photinus pyralis on a Western blot.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Negative Isotype Controls Available
Application Based External Images
Product Specific References
References for Luciferase antibody
Laakkonen, J.P. et al. (2009) Clathrin-independent entry of baculovirus triggers uptake of E. coli in non-phagocytic human cells.
PLoS One. 4:e5093.
van Beusechem, V.W. et al. (2002) Efficient and selective gene transfer into primary human brain tumors by using single-chain antibody-targeted adenoviral vectors with native tropism abolished.
J Virol. 76: 2753-62.
Zhao, D. et al. (2008) Antivascular effects of combretastatin A4 phosphate in breast cancer xenograft assessed using dynamic bioluminescence imaging and confirmed by MRI.
FASEB J. 22: 2445-51.
Spiotto, M.T. et al. (2010) Imaging the unfolded protein response in primary tumors reveals microenvironments with metabolic variations that predict tumor growth.
Cancer Res. 70: 78-88.
Howarth, J.L. et al. (2007) Hsp40 molecules that target to the ubiquitin-proteasome system decrease inclusion formation in models of polyglutamine disease.
Mol Ther. 15: 1100-5.
Keravala, A. et al. (2008) Long-term transgene expression in mouse neural progenitor cells modified with phiC31 integrase.
J Neurosci Methods. 173: 299-305.
Zhou, H. et al. (2009) Dynamic near-infrared optical imaging of 2-deoxyglucose uptake by intracranial glioma of athymic mice.
PLoS One. 4: e8051.