Tubulin Alpha 1A Chain antibody | OTI2C8
Filter by Application:WB Reset
| Mouse anti Human tubulin alpha 1A chain antibody, clone OTI2C8 recognizes the tubulin alpha 1A chain, also known as hum-a-tub1, hum-a-tub2, tubulin B-alpha-1, tubulin alpha-1A chain, tubulin alpha-3 chain and tubulin, alpha, brain-specific.
Microtubules of the eukaryotic cytoskeleton perform essential and diverse functions and are composed of a heterodimer of alpha and beta tubulins. The genes encoding these microtubule constituents belong to the tubulin superfamily, which is composed of six distinct families. Genes from the alpha, beta and gamma tubulin families are found in all eukaryotes. The alpha and beta tubulins represent the major components of microtubules, while gamma tubulin plays a critical role in the nucleation of microtubule assembly. There are multiple alpha and beta tubulin genes, which are highly conserved among species. The TUBA1A gene encodes alpha tubulin and is highly similar to the mouse and rat Tuba1 genes. Northern blotting shows that the gene expression is predominantly found in morphologically differentiated neurologic cells. TUBA1A is one of three alpha-tubulin genes in a cluster on chromosome 12q. Mutations in TUBA1A cause lissencephaly type 3 (LIS3) - a neurological condition characterized by microcephaly, mental retardation, and early-onset epilepsy and caused by defective neuronal migration. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants encoding distinct isoforms (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2012).
Mouse anti Human tubulin alpha 1A chain antibody detects a band of 50 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti tubulin alpha 1A chain detects a band of approximately 50 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from ascites.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Full length recombinant human tubulin alpha 1A chain (NP_006000) produced in HEK293T cells
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml.
- For research purposes only.
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000086 G2/M transition of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0003924 GTPase activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005198 structural molecule activity
- GO:0005525 GTP binding
- GO:0005874 microtubule
- GO:0007018 microtubule-based movement
- GO:0051084 'de novo' posttranslational protein folding
- GO:0051258 protein polymerization
- View More GO Terms
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up