PI-3 Kinase C2 Subunit Alpha antibody | OTI1B8
Mouse anti PI-3 Kinase C2 Subunit Alpha
PI-3 kinase C2 subunit alpha antibody recognizes phosphatidylinositol 4-phosphate 3-kinase C2 domain-containing subunit alpha, also known as C2-containing phosphatidylinositol kinase or PI3K-C2-alpha. This antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
The protein encoded by PIK3C2A gene belongs to the phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K) family. PI3-kinases play roles in signaling pathways involved in cell proliferation, oncogenic transformation, cell survival, cell migration, and intracellular protein trafficking. This protein contains a lipid kinase catalytic domain as well as a C-terminal C2 domain, a characteristic of class II PI3-kinases. C2 domains act as calcium-dependent phospholipid binding motifs that mediate translocation of proteins to membranes, and may also mediate protein-protein interactions. The PI3-kinase activity of this protein is not sensitive to nanomolar levels of the inhibitor wortmanin. This protein was shown to be able to be activated by insulin and may be involved in integrin-dependent signaling. (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human PI-3 kinase C2 subunit alpha antibody detects a band of 191 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti PI-3 Kinase C2 subunit alpha detects a band of approximately 191 kDa in C6 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Recombinant protein corresponding to amino acids 230-560 of human PI-3 C2 subunit alpha (NP_002636) produced in E. coli
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- Shelf Life
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- O00443 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- PIK3C2A Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005794 Golgi apparatus
- GO:0005942 phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase complex
- GO:0006661 phosphatidylinositol biosynthetic process
- GO:0007154 cell communication
- GO:0016303 1-phosphatidylinositol-3-kinase activity
- GO:0035005 phosphatidylinositol-4-phosphate 3-kinase activity
- GO:0048015 phosphatidylinositol-mediated signaling
- GO:0030136 clathrin-coated vesicle
- GO:0035091 phosphatidylinositol binding
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of PI-3 Kinase C2 Subunit Alpha antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.