Myosin antibody | AB03/2F2
Filter by Application:WB IP Reset
Mouse anti Myosin Regulatory Light Chain
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb Monoclonal
|Mouse anti myosin antibody recognizes myosin regulatory light polypeptide 9 (MYL9), also known as MLC-2C.
The myosin superfamily contains actin-based molecular motors which facilitate muscle contraction among other motility processes, such as cytoplasmic contractility and mechanosensing. Myosin proteins use ATP hydrolysis to generate contractile force, powering movement (Heissler et al. 2016). Specific myosins are involved with specific functions. MYL9 is a regulatory subunit of myosin, which can be phosphorylated at threonine 18 and serine 19 to regulate activity. MYL9 also plays a unique role in the nucleus, transcriptionally activating intercellular adhesion molecule 1 (ICAM1) (Nevitt et al. 2018). Myosin functions as a tumor suppressor, with dysregulated activity in cancer. Loss of myosin has been shown to impact the metastatic potential of cells. However, targeting myosin may be difficult in cancer treatment due to its essential contractile functions (Surcel and Robinson 2019).
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti myosin antibody detects a band of approximately 18 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - Liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody affinity purified on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide
- E. coli-derived recombinant protein of amino acids 1-172 of human myosin
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse SP2/0 myeloma cell line
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up