MALT1 antibody | 50
MALT1 was initially identified as a recurrent translocation t(11;18)(q21:q21) in mucosal-associated lymphomas (Horsman et al. 1992), which creates a functional fusion oncoprotein consisting of MALT1 and apoptosis inhibitor API2 (Dierlamm et al. 1999). Studies suggest that overexpression of MALT1, or expression of the API2-MALT1 fusion protein, leads to the uncontrolled activation of NF-kappaB which is stimulus-independent (Zhou et al. 2005). Mouse anti Human MALT1 recognizes both MALT1 and the MALT1-API2 fusion protein (Murga Penas et al. 2007). The MALT1-API2 oncoprotein plays a role in non-canonical activation of NF-κb through NIK cleavage (Rosebeck et al.2011).
Mouse anti Human MALT1 antibody recognizes human MALT1 as a single band of ~92 kDa in multiple human cell line lysates by western blotting under reducing conditions.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti MALT1 antibody detects a band of approximately 92 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant protein corresponding to amino acids 701-808 located within the C-terminus of human MALT1
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0004197 cysteine-type endopeptidase activity
- GO:0002726 positive regulation of T cell cytokine production
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004842 ubiquitin-protein ligase activity
- GO:0004871 signal transducer activity
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0006508 proteolysis
- GO:0006916 anti-apoptosis
- GO:0007250 activation of NF-kappaB-inducing kinase activity
- GO:0032449 CBM complex
- GO:0032743 positive regulation of interleukin-2 production
- GO:0043123 positive regulation of I-kappaB kinase/NF-kappaB cascade
- GO:0043621 protein self-association
- GO:0048471 perinuclear region of cytoplasm
- GO:0050852 T cell receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0050870 positive regulation of T cell activation
- GO:0051168 nuclear export
- GO:0051259 protein oligomerization
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of MALT1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Product Specific References
References for MALT1 antibody
Ye, H. et al. (2005) MALT lymphoma with t(14;18)(q32;q21)/IGH-MALT1 is characterized by strong cytoplasmic MALT1 and BCL10 expression.
J Pathol. 205 (3): 293-301.
Coornaert, B. et al. (2008) T cell antigen receptor stimulation induces MALT1 paracaspase-mediated cleavage of the NF-kappaB inhibitor A20.
Nat Immunol. 9 (3): 263-71.
Rebeaud, F. et al. (2008) The proteolytic activity of the paracaspase MALT1 is key in T cell activation.
Nat Immunol. 9 (3): 272-81.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra