HSF1 antibody | CD01/1B5
Filter by Application:WB IF Reset
Mouse anti HSF1
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb Monoclonal
|Mouse anti HSF1 antibody, clone CD01/1B5 recognizes heat shock factor protein 1.
HSF1 is a stress-induced DNA-binding transcription factor that plays a critical role in the heat shock response, protecting cells from cellular damage. In unstressed cells, HSF1 is found in a chaperone complex that maintains it in a non-DNA-binding form. Under conditions of temperature stress or other environmental perturbations, HSF1 translocates from the cytosol to the nucleus where it promotes transcription of heat shock proteins (HSPs) (Li et al. 2017). HSF1 is constitutively activated in malignant cells, and cancer cells become dependent on HSF1 for growth and survival. Furthermore, high levels of HSF1 have been found to correlate with poor clinical outcomes in some cancer types (Carpenter et al. 2017). HSF1 has been suggested as a target for cancer therapy (Dai 2018).
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti HSF1 antibody detects a band of approximately 75 kDa in HeLa cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - Liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody affinity purified on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide
- E. coli-derived recombinant protein of amino acids 1-529 of human HSF1
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse SP2/0 myeloma cell line
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up