GAPDH antibody | 4G5
Filter by Application:WB IF Reset
Mouse anti GAPDH
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb Monoclonal
|Mouse anti Human GAPDH antibody recognizes glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (GAPDH), a 335 amino acid multifunctional protein whose main function is to catalyse the reversible oxidative phosphorylation of glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate, in conjunction with inorganic phosphate and nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD). This reaction is an important energy yielding step in carbohydrate metabolism.
GAPDH has also been shown to translocate to the nucleus under a variety of stressors, most of which are associated with oxidative stress, whereby it mediates cell death. A further report has shown that GAPDH binds to several proteins that are responsible for neurodegenerative diseases, such as amyloid precursor protein and huntingtin (Burke et al. 1996).
Mouse anti Human GAPDH antibody recognizes human GAPDH as a single band of ~36 kDa by western blotting in a variety of human cell line lysates under reducing conditions.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti GAPDH antibody detects a band of approximately 36 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3).
- Human GAPDH from cardiac muscle
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml.
- For research purposes only.
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Glyceraldehyde-3-Phosphate Dehydrogenase
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0016020 membrane
- GO:0004365 glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase (phosphorylating) activity
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0006094 gluconeogenesis
- GO:0006096 glycolysis
- GO:0055114 oxidation-reduction process
- GO:0050821 protein stabilization
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0035605 peptidyl-cysteine S-nitrosylase activity
- GO:0035606 peptidyl-cysteine S-trans-nitrosylation
- GO:0048471 perinuclear region of cytoplasm
- GO:0051287 NAD binding
- GO:0051402 neuron apoptosis
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up