Galectin-3 Binding Protein antibody | OTI2B1
Mouse anti Galectin-3 Binding Protein
Galectin-3 binding protein antibody recognizes galectin-3-binding protein, also known as L3 antigen, LGALS3BP, MAC2BP, Mac-2-binding protein, basement membrane autoantigen p105, lectin galactoside-binding soluble 3-binding protein, or Mac-2 BP.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
The galectins are a family of beta-galactoside-binding proteins implicated in modulating cell-cell and cell-matrix interactions. Galectin-3-binding protein has been found elevated in the serum of patients with cancer and in those infected by the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). It appears to be implicated in immune response associated with natural killer (NK) and lymphokine-activated killer (LAK) cell cytotoxicity. Using fluorescence in situ hybridization the full length 90K cDNA has been localized to chromosome 17q25. The native protein binds specifically to a human macrophage-associated lectin known as Mac-2 and also binds galectin-1 (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human galectin-3-binding protein antibody detects a band of 75 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti galectin-3 binding protein detects a band of approximately 75 kDa in A431 cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography from tissue culture supernatant.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Recombinant protein corresponding to amino acids 19-300 of human galectin-3-binding protein (NP_005558) produced in E. coli
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Q08380 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- LGALS3BP Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0016020 membrane
- GO:0007155 cell adhesion
- GO:0005044 scavenger receptor activity
- GO:0005578 proteinaceous extracellular matrix
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006968 cellular defense response
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Galectin-3 Binding Protein antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.