Mouse anti Ezrin
Ezrin antibody recognizes human ezrin, also known as p81 or villin 2. This antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Ezrin is a 586 amino acid, cytoplasmic peripheral membrane protein containing a single FERM domain and member of the ezrin, radixin, moesin (ERM) protein family, which acts as protein-tyrosine kinase substrate. Ezrin is enriched in microvilli and other cell surface structures and plays a key role in cell surface structure adhesion, membrane trafficking, motility and organization (Ng et al. 2001). Ezrin acts as a linker protein between the plasma membrane and the actin cytoskeleton, and provides anchorage for cell surface molecules such as ICAM and CD44 (Finnerty et al. 2004). Studies have implicated ezrin in the metastatic capacity of various types of human tumors including breast, prostate, bone, endometrial and colon cancers (Ohtani et al. 1999, Elzaqheid et al. 2008).
Mouse anti Human ezrin antibody recognizes ezrin as a single band of 80 kDa in multiple human cell line lysates by western blotting under reducing conditions.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti ezrin detects a band of approximately 80 kDa in HeLa cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant human ezrin
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P15311 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- EZR Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0051015 actin filament binding
- GO:0051017 actin filament bundle assembly
- GO:0050839 cell adhesion molecule binding
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005730 nucleolus
- GO:0005884 actin filament
- GO:0007016 cytoskeletal anchoring at plasma membrane
- GO:0007159 leukocyte cell-cell adhesion
- GO:0007411 axon guidance
- GO:0008360 regulation of cell shape
- GO:0016324 apical plasma membrane
- GO:0019898 extrinsic to membrane
- GO:0022614 membrane to membrane docking
- GO:0030175 filopodium
- GO:0030863 cortical cytoskeleton
- GO:0031528 microvillus membrane
- GO:0032587 ruffle membrane
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Ezrin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.