CTGF antibody | AB01/1E5
Filter by Application:WB Reset
|Mouse anti Human CTGF antibody recognizes the connective tissue growth factor, also known as CCN2, IGF-binding protein 8, and IGFBP-8.
CTGF is a matricellular protein that can simultaneously bind to multiple ligands and modifies a variety of growth factors and cytokines. In this way, CTGF contributes to cell migration, proliferation and inflammation (Toda et al. 2018). CTGF, activated by pro-fibrotic TGF-beta (Song et al. 2017a), plays an essential role in fibrosis of multiple tissues, including skin, heart, liver, lung, and kidney (Makino et al. 2017). Fibrosis is a strong risk factor for several cancer types, including hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) (Sakurai and Kudo 2013) and lung cancer (Park et al. 2001). Increased expression of CTGF in tumor cells is associated with worse prognosis, and knockdown of CTGF has resulted in greater therapeutic efficacy of anticancer drugs in hepatocellular carcinoma (Song et al. 2017b).
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Mouse anti CTGF detects a band of approximately 36 kDa in MCF7 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - Liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody affinity purified on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide
- E. coli-derived recombinant protein of amino acids 1-349 of human CTGF
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Fusion Partners
- Spleen cells from immunised BALB/c mice were fused with cells of the mouse SP2/0 myeloma cell line
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0006260 DNA replication
- GO:0001558 regulation of cell growth
- GO:0005520 insulin-like growth factor binding
- GO:0005578 proteinaceous extracellular matrix
- GO:0008201 heparin binding
- GO:0008544 epidermis development
- GO:0009611 response to wounding
- GO:0044255 cellular lipid metabolic process
- View More GO Terms
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up