CDK2 antibody | 1A6
The protein encoded by the CDK2 gene is a member of the Ser/Thr protein kinase family. This protein kinase is highly similar to the gene products of S. cerevisiae cdc28, and S. pombe cdc2. It is a catalytic subunit of the cyclin-dependent protein kinase complex, whose activity is restricted to the G1-S phase, and essential for cell cycle G1/S phase transition. This protein associates with and regulated by the regulatory subunits of the complex including cyclin A or E, CDK inhibitor p21Cip1 (CDKN1A) and p27Kip1 (CDKN1B). Its activity is also regulated by its protein phosphorylation. Two alternatively spliced variants and multiple transcription initiation sites of CDK2 have been reported (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Mouse anti Human CDK2 antibody detects a band of 34 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti CDK2 detects a band of approximately 34 kDa in Jurkat cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from ascites
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Purified recombinant fragment of human CDK2 expressed in E. coli
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0006260 DNA replication
- GO:0000082 G1/S transition of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0000084 S phase of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0000085 G2 phase of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0000086 G2/M transition of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0000216 M/G1 transition of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0000307 cyclin-dependent protein kinase holoenzyme complex
- GO:0007596 blood coagulation
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004693 cyclin-dependent protein kinase activity
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0006275 regulation of DNA replication
- GO:0006977 DNA damage response, signal transduction by p53 class mediator resulting in cell cycle arrest
- GO:0007067 mitosis
- GO:0007089 traversing start control point of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0007265 Ras protein signal transduction
- GO:0008284 positive regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0042802 identical protein binding
- GO:0031145 anaphase-promoting complex-dependent proteasomal ubiquitin-dependent protein catabolic process
- GO:0051301 cell division
- GO:0051439 regulation of ubiquitin-protein ligase activity involved in mitotic cell cycle
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of CDK2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||WB||2 ml|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra