CD71 (soluble) antibody | 13E4
Filter by Application:WB IP Reset
|Mouse anti Human CD71 (soluble) antibody recognizes the human soluble transferrin receptor (sTfR) also known as sCD71 or p90. CD71 is a single pass type II membrane glycoprotein of ~90 kDa containing a single protease associated domain. sCD71 forms a homodimeric complex, a truncated form of the membrane bound transferrin receptor lacking the cytoplasmic and transmembrane regions of the molecule (Shih et al. 1990). It is responsible for the uptake of iron into the cell by binding to and internalizing iron-bound transferrin (Kogan et al. 2005). After the iron is released into the cell the apotransferrin is relocated to the cell surface, cleaved at Arg-100 and released into the circulation. In healthy adults almost all transferrin receptors exist in the soluble form (Shih et al. 1993). The level of soluble CD71 is used to detect erythropoietin misuse by athletes (Borrione et al. 2007). It is also used to diagnose iron deficiency anemia (Kamer et al. 2012).
Mouse anti Human soluble CD71 recognizes human both the soluble transferrin receptor and the complex between soluble transferrin receptor and transferrin. The antibody recognizes CD71 as a single band of ~90 kDa in multiple human cell line lysates by western blotting under reducing conditions.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti CD71 (soluble) antibody detects a band of approximately 90 kDa in K562 cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3).
- Purified human soluble transferrin receptor
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- For research purposes only.
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Transferrin Receptor
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0008233 peptidase activity
- GO:0004998 transferrin receptor activity
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0005768 endosome
- GO:0005905 coated pit
- GO:0006508 proteolysis
- GO:0006879 cellular iron ion homeostasis
- GO:0006897 endocytosis
- GO:0033572 transferrin transport
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0042470 melanosome
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
- GO:0055085 transmembrane transport
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up