c-Myc antibody | JAC6
Rat anti Human c-myc antibody, clone JAC6 recognises the myc proto-oncogene which is frequently used to tag proteins, and is the same epitope recognised by clone 9E10. c-myc is also known as Transcription factor p64 orClass E basic helix-loop-helix protein 39.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein G from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.09% Sodium Azide
- Carrier Free
- Amino acids 408-439 corresponding to the C-terminal region of human c-myc.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost free freezers is not recommended. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- P01106 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- MYC Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0001658 branching involved in ureteric bud morphogenesis
- GO:0003700 sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0005730 nucleolus
- GO:0006357 regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0006879 cellular iron ion homeostasis
- GO:0007050 cell cycle arrest
- GO:0008283 cell proliferation
- GO:0042493 response to drug
- GO:0016563 transcription activator activity
- GO:0032204 regulation of telomere maintenance
- GO:0070888 E-box binding
- GO:0090096 positive regulation of metanephric cap mesenchymal cell proliferation
- For research purposes only
Applications of c-Myc antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Frozen|
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rat IgG:Alk. Phos. (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR131A||1 ml||C E P WB|
|Goat anti Rat IgG:Biotin (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR131B||0.5 mg||C E IF P WB|
|Rabbit F(ab')2 anti Rat IgG:Dylight®800||STAR16D800GA||0.1 mg||F IF WB|
|Rabbit F(ab')2 anti Rat IgG:FITC||STAR17B||1 mg||F|
|Rabbit F(ab')2 anti Rat IgG:HRP||STAR21B||1 mg||C E P RE|
|Goat F(ab')2 anti Rat IgG:FITC (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR69||0.5 ml||F|
|Goat anti Rat IgG:Dylight®800 (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR71D800GA||0.1 mg||F IF WB|
|Goat anti Rat IgG:HRP (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR72||0.5 mg||C E P|
|Goat F(ab')2 anti Rat IgG:RPE (Mouse Adsorbed)||STAR73||0.5 ml||F|
Product Specific References
References for c-Myc antibody
Smith, G.D. et al. (2002) TRPV3 is a temperature-sensitive vanilloid receptor-like protein.
Nature. 418 (6894): 186-90.
Dawson, K. et al. (2008) Loss of regulators of vacuolar ATPase function and ceramide synthesis results in multidrug sensitivity in Schizosaccharomyces pombe.
Eukaryot Cell. 7 (6): 926-37.
Tetzlaff, J.E. et al. (2008) CHIP targets toxic alpha-Synuclein oligomers for degradation.
J Biol Chem. 283 (26): 17962-8.
Shin, Y. et al. (2005) The co-chaperone carboxyl terminus of Hsp70-interacting protein (CHIP) mediates alpha-synuclein degradation decisions between proteasomal and lysosomal pathways.
J Biol Chem. 280 (25): 23727-34.
Liebig, T. et al. (2009) RhoE Is required for keratinocyte differentiation and stratification.
Mol Biol Cell. 20 (1): 452-63.
Lozano, E. et al. (2008) PAK is required for the disruption of E-cadherin adhesion by the small GTPase Rac.
J Cell Sci. 121 (Pt 7): 933-8.