Actin Beta antibody
Mouse anti Actin Beta
Actin beta antibody recognizes cytoplasmic actin beta, also known as beta-actin or cytoplasmic 1. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Monoclonal
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Actins are highly conserved proteins that are involved in cell motility, structure and integrity and are ubiquitously expressed in all eukaryotic cells. Six different isoforms of actin have been identified in mammals (Vandekerckhove et al. 1978). Mouse anti Human actin beta antibody is highly specific for cytoplasmic actin beta and does not react with other actin isoforms.
Mouse anti Human actin beta antibody recognizes actin beta as a single band of ~42 kDa in a wide range of cell line lysates by western blotting under reducing conditions.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti beta actin antibody detects a band of approximately 42 kDa in HeLa cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Mouse monoclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to the acetylated N-terminal nonapeptide of beta-cytoplasmic actin coupled to KLH
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P60709 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- ACTB Related reagents
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Actin Beta antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Mouse IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR207P||2 ml||WB|
Product Specific References
References for Actin Beta antibody
Sadewasser,A. et al. (2019) Anti-Niemann Pick C1 Single-Stranded Oligonucleotides with Locked Nucleic Acid Potently Reduce Ebola Virus Infection In Vitro
Molecular Therapy - Nucleic Acids. [Epub ahead of print].
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.