Bevacizumab antibody | AbD17976_hIgG1
Human anti Bevacizumab
Anti-Bevacizumab Antibody is a recombinant, inhibitory, anti-idiotypic antibody in fully human immunoglobulin format; it is suitable as a positive control or calibrator in an immunogenicity assay to measure ADA levels for bevacizumab or biosimilars.
- Product Type
- Monoclonal Antibody
|Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
Clone AbD17976_hIgG1 is a fully human recombinant monoclonal antibody with IgG1 isotype and is suitable as a positive control or calibrator in an anti-drug antibody (ADA) assay.
This Anti-Bevacizumab Antibody cross-reacts with the drug ranibizumab (Lucentis). Ranibizumab is a humanized Fab fragment antibody (VH3-23/kappa1), originating from the same parental mouse antibody as bevacizumab; it has 4 amino acid exchanges in the heavy chain and 1 amino acid exchange in the light chain compared to bevacizumab.
Bevacizumab (trade name Avastin) is a humanized monoclonal antibody (IgG1/kappa) that inhibits angiogenesis by binding to vascular endothelial growth factor alpha (VEGF-A). VEGF-A is a potent stimulator of angiogenesis of both normal and cancerous cells, and acts as a regulator of vasculogenesis. Bevacizumab is used to treat various cancers, including colorectal, lung, breast, glioblastoma, kidney and ovarian.
View a summary of all anti-bevacizumab antibodies.
- Product Form
- Human IgG1 antibody selected from the HuCAL® phage display library and expressed in a human cell line. This antibody is supplied as a liquid.
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Thiomersal
- The monovalent intrinsic affinity of this antibody was measured as KD=0.4 nM by real time, label-free molecular interaction analysis on immobilized bevacizumab.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Pack Size: 1 mgTotal protein concentration 1.0 mg/mlPack Size: 0.1 mgIgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Sold under license of U.S. Patents 7785859 and 8273688 and corresponding patents. This antibody was developed by Bio-Rad.
Avastin is a trademark of Genentech Inc.
- Licensed Use
- For in vitro research purposes and for commercial applications for the provision of in vitro testing services to support preclinical and clinical drug development. Any re-sale in any form or any other commercial application needs a written agreement with Bio-Rad.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Bevacizumab antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Technical Advice
- Recommended protocols and further information about HuCAL recombinant antibody technology can be found in the HuCAL Antibodies Technical Manual
- This product is suitable for use in direct ELISA applications.
This antibody is fully human and can be used as a reference standard in an ADA assay.
Protocol: ADA bridging ELISA
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Human anti Bevacizumab||HCA182||E||0.1 mg|
|Human anti Bevacizumab||HCA184||E||0.1 mg|
|LYNX Rapid HRP Antibody Conjugation Kit||LNK001P||CJ||1 Conjugation For 400µg Antibody|
|LYNX Rapid HRP Antibody Conjugation Kit||LNK002P||CJ||3 Conjugations For 400µg Antibody|
Product Specific References
References for Bevacizumab antibody
Iwamoto, N. et al. (2018) Antibody drug quantitation in coexistence with anti-drug antibodies on nSMOL bioanalysis.
Anal Biochem. 540-541: 30-7.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra