Mouse macrophage inflammatory protein-2 (MIP-2) is a 7.8 kDa chemokine, also known as CXCL2. MIP-2 is chemotactic for neutrophils and is expressed by macrophages and epidermal langerhans cells.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified Recombinant Protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.2 ml distilled water. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For long term storage the addition of 0.1% bovine serum albumin (BSA) is recommended.
- Recombinant protein expressed in E. coli
- Buffer Solution
- 10mM Acetic Acid
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 7.8 kDa (73 amino acid residues)
- Endotoxin Level
- <0.1 ng/ug
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC. Following reconstitution store at -20oC.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 3 months from date of reconstitution
- P10889 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- Cxcl2 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0008009 chemokine activity
- For research purposes only
Applications of MIP-2
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)