Mouse macrophage inflammatory protein-2 (MIP-2) is a 7.8 kDa chemokine, also known as CXCL2. MIP-2 is chemotactic for neutrophils and is expressed by macrophages and epidermal langerhans cells.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified Recombinant Protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.2 ml distilled water. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For long term storage the addition of 0.1% bovine serum albumin (BSA) is recommended.
- Recombinant protein expressed in E. coli
- Buffer Solution
- 10mM Acetic Acid
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 7.8 kDa (73 amino acid residues)
- Endotoxin Level
- < 0.1 ng/ug
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC. Following reconstitution store at -20oC.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 3 months from date of reconstitution
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- PMP55 may be used as a standard for ELISA applications with either AAM48 or AAM48B.
- Western Blotting
- PMP55 may be used as a positive control for western blotting applications with AAM48 or AAM48B.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Useful Reagents Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra