Recombinant mouse MCP-1 is 13.8 kDa peptide corresponding to full-length mature mouse monocyte chemotactic protein 1. MCP-1, otherwise known as CCL2 or JE, is a secreted chemokine involved in the recruitment of monocytes to sites of injury or inflammation (Lu, B. et al., 1998).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 0.1ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Recombinant protein prepared from E. coli.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 13.8kD (125 amino acid sequence)
- Endotoxin Level
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC. Following reconstitution store at -20oC.
This product should be stored undiluted
Storage in frost free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 3 months from date of reconstitution.
- P10148 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- Ccl2 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0008009 chemokine activity
- GO:0010574 regulation of vascular endothelial growth factor production
- GO:0010759 positive regulation of macrophage chemotaxis
- GO:0016525 negative regulation of angiogenesis
- GO:0090265 positive regulation of immune complex clearance by monocytes and macrophages
- For research purposes only
Applications of MCP-1
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this protein has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the protein for use in their own system using appropriate positive/negative controls.
- This product may be used as a standard for ELISA applications with our purified mouse MCP-1 antibody (AAM43).
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)