Recombinant mouse MCP-1
is 13.8 kDa peptide corresponding to full-length mature mouse monocyte chemotactic protein 1
. MCP-1, otherwise known as CCL2 or JE, is a secreted chemokine involved in the recruitment of monocytes to sites of injury or inflammation (Lu, B. et al., 1998
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 0.1ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Recombinant protein prepared from E. coli.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 13.8kD (125 amino acid sequence)
- Endotoxin Level
- < 0.1 ng/ug
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20oC. Following reconstitution store at -20oC.
This product should be stored undiluted
Storage in frost free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
regulation of vascular endothelial growth factor production
positive regulation of macrophage chemotaxis
negative regulation of angiogenesis
positive regulation of immune complex clearance by monocytes and macrophages
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Where this protein has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the protein for use in their own system using appropriate positive/negative controls.
- This product may be used as a standard for ELISA applications with our purified mouse MCP-1 antibody (AAM43).
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra