Interleukin-1 beta (IL-1 beta), is a 17.5 kDa proinflammatory, cell-associated cytokine, produced by monocytes, tissue macrophages, keratinocytes and other epithelial cells. IL-1 beta promotes the proliferation of memory T cells and cytokine production. It attenuates regulatory T cell function and enables CD4+CD25- autoreactive effectors to avoid suppression. IL-1 beta signals downstream of myc and is required for angiogenesis and invasiveness of tumor cells. IL-1 beta is directly involved in neuronal injury in neurodegenerative disorders, and stimulates mitogenic FGF-like activity, bone resorption and promotes the release of collagenase and prostaglandin from synovial cells.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.1 ml distilled water. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Purified recombinant murine IL-1 beta, expressed in E. coli
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- The ED50 as determined by the dose-dependent stimulation of murine D10S cells is <0.002ng/ml, corresponding to a specific activity of > 5x108 units/mg.
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC analysis
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 17.5 kDa (153 amino acid residues)
- Endotoxin Level
- < 0.1 ng/ug
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
interleukin-1 receptor binding
stored secretory granule
growth factor activity
positive regulation of gene-specific transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
positive regulation vascular endothelial growth factor production
negative regulation of glucose transport
positive regulation of fever generation
positive regulation of prostaglandin secretion
response to lipopolysaccharide
positive regulation of interleukin-6 production
response to ATP
positive regulation of I-kappaB kinase/NF-kappaB cascade
negative regulation of MAP kinase activity
positive regulation of chemokine biosynthetic process
positive regulation of interleukin-6 biosynthetic process
positive regulation of angiogenesis
positive regulation of JNK cascade
negative regulation of insulin receptor signaling pathway
positive regulation of lipid catabolic process
positive regulation of cell division
negative regulation of adiponectin secretion
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of IL-1 Beta
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- PMP71 may be used as an ELISA standard for our AAM13G and AAM13B antibodies.
- Western Blotting
- PMP71 may be used as a postive control for Western blotting applications with our AAM13G and AAM13B antibodies.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Useful Reagents Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra