IFN-gamma is a lymphoid factor with anti viral activity and macrophage and NK cell stimulating properties.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Recombinant protein produced in E. coli - lyophilized.
- Pack Size: 20 µgReconstitute with 20ul distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.Pack Size: 0.1 mgReconstitute with 0.1 ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Buffer Solution
- Pack Size: 20 µgSodium PhosphatePack Size: 0.1 mgPhosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- > 2 x 107 units/mg
- >98% by SDS PAGE and HPLC
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Pack Size: 20 µg1.0 mg/ml after reconstitutionPack Size: 0.1 mgTotal protein concentration 1.0 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 16.7kD (143 Amino Acid Sequence)
- Endotoxin Level
- <0.1 ng/ug
- Pack Size: 20 µgPrior to reconstitution store at -20oC.
Following reconstitution store at -20oC.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.Pack Size: 0.1 mgPrior to reconstitution store at +4oC. Following reconstitution store at -20oC.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 3 months from date of reconstitution
- P01579 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- IFNG Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000060 protein import into nucleus, translocation
- GO:0002053 positive regulation of mesenchymal cell proliferation
- GO:0003340 negative regulation of mesenchymal to epithelial transition involved in metanephros morphogenesis
- GO:0009615 response to virus
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005133 interferon-gamma receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0007050 cell cycle arrest
- GO:0050796 regulation of insulin secretion
- GO:0010553 negative regulation of gene-specific transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0032735 positive regulation of interleukin-12 production
- GO:0032747 positive regulation of interleukin-23 production
- GO:0033141 positive regulation of peptidyl-serine phosphorylation of STAT protein
- GO:0034393 positive regulation of smooth muscle cell apoptosis
- GO:0042508 tyrosine phosphorylation of Stat1 protein
- GO:0042511 positive regulation of tyrosine phosphorylation of Stat1 protein
- GO:0045429 positive regulation of nitric oxide biosynthetic process
- GO:0045672 positive regulation of osteoclast differentiation
- GO:0048662 negative regulation of smooth muscle cell proliferation
- GO:0051044 positive regulation of membrane protein ectodomain proteolysis
- GO:0051712 positive regulation of killing of cells of other organism
- GO:0060333 interferon-gamma-mediated signaling pathway
- GO:0060334 regulation of interferon-gamma-mediated signaling pathway
- GO:0060550 positive regulation of fructose 1,6-bisphosphate 1-phosphatase activity
- GO:0060552 positive regulation of fructose 1,6-bisphosphate metabolic process
- GO:0060557 positive regulation of vitamin D biosynthetic process
- GO:0060559 positive regulation of calcidiol 1-monooxygenase activity
- GO:0072308 negative regulation of metanephric nephron tubule epithelial cell differentiation
- For research purposes only
Applications of IFN Gamma
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this protein has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the reagent for use in their own system using appropriate positive/negative controls.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Human Interferon Gamma||AHP775||0.1 mg||E FN P* WB|
|Rabbit anti Human Interferon Gamma:Biotin||AHP775B||50 µg||E WB|
Product Specific References
References for IFN Gamma
Grisar, J. et al. (2001) Phenotypic characteristics of human monocytes undergoing transendothelial migration.
Arthritis Res. 3 (2): 127-32.
Fros, J.J. et al. (2010) Chikungunya virus nonstructural protein 2 inhibits type I/II interferon-stimulated JAK-STAT signaling.
J Virol. 84 (20): 10877-87.
Hara, H. et al. (2011) Initial in vitro investigation of the human immune response to corneal cells from genetically engineered pigs.
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 52: 5278-86.
Wienken, C.J. et al. (2010) Protein-binding assays in biological liquids using microscale thermophoresis.
Nat Commun. 1: 100.
Bakmiwewa, S.M. et al. (2016) Synergistic induction of CXCL10 by interferon-gamma and lymphotoxin-alpha in astrocytes: Possible role in cerebral malaria.
Cytokine. 78: 79-86.