Bovine interleukin-6 is a multifunctional cytokine secreted by a range of cell types, in particular T lymphocytes and macrophages. IL-6 has a range of activities and includes the differentiation of B cells into Ig producing cells, differentiation of lymphocytes and of monocytes. IL-6 functions in both a pro-inflammatory role where it is an important inducer of the accute phase response and also as an anti-inflamatory myokine.
Interleukin-6 induces myeloma growth and is an essential cytokine required for successful hybridoma growth.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 20 μl sterile PBS containing 0.1% carrier protein
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Recombinant protein expressed in Pichia pastoris and purified by ion-exchange chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 10% Trehalose
- >95% by SDS PAGE analysis
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 20.7 kDa
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- P26892 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- IL6 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0006953 acute-phase response
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0008083 growth factor activity
- For research purposes only
Applications of IL-6
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|