Interleukin-4 (IL-4) is produced by a range of bovine cells, including T and B lymphocytes, monocytes and macrophages, and plays an important role in the immune response.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.5 ml distilled water. Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
Further dilutions should be made in a buffer containing carrier protein.
- Recombinant protein expressed in Pichia pastoris
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- >95% by SDS PAGE analysis
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- Total protein concentration 0.04 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 12.6 kDa
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
Following reconstitution store at -70oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the protein. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
interleukin-4 receptor binding
growth factor activity
positive regulation of B cell proliferation
B cell activation
negative regulation of apoptosis
positive regulation of MHC class II biosynthetic process
negative regulation of osteoclast differentiation
positive regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
positive regulation of isotype switching to IgE isotypes
positive regulation of isotype switching to IgG isotypes
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- PBP006 has been used as a standard in a sandwich ELISA assay with MCA2371 as the capture antibody and MCA2372B for detection.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Useful Reagents Available
Application Based External Images
Product Specific References
References for IL-4
Pirson, C. et al. (2012) Differential effects of Mycobacterium bovis - derived polar and apolar lipid fractions on bovine innate immune cells.
Vet Res. 43: 54.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra