Native bovine interferon gamma is a 143 amino acid cytokine with potent activating, anti-viral and anti-proliferative properties. It is produced as a pro-peptide with an additional 23 amino acid N-terminal signal peptide sequence having a molecular weight of ~20 kDa.
IFNγ is predominantly secreted by activated T lymphocytes in response to specific mitogens as a result of infection and has numerous immunological regulatory functions. Properties include macrophage activation, upregulation of MHC class I and II molecules on various cells and induction of cytotoxicity.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified recombinant protein - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 100 μl sterile PBS containing 0.1% carrier protein
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution.
- Recombinant protein expressed in Pichia pastoris and purified by ion-exchange chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 10% Trehalose
- >95% by SDS PAGE analysis
- Protein Molecular Weight
- 16.9 kDa
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0009615 response to virus
- GO:0005125 cytokine activity
- GO:0005133 interferon-gamma receptor binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006955 immune response
- For research purposes only
Applications of IFN Gamma
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Mouse anti Bovine Interferon Gamma:Biotin||MCA1783B||E||0.25 mg|
|Mouse anti Bovine Interferon Gamma||MCA2112||E ES F*||0.5 mg|
Product Specific References
References for IFN Gamma
Floss, M.M. et al. (2010) Expression and Immunogenicity of the Mycobacterial Ag85B/ESAT-6 Antigens Produced in Transgenic Plants by Elastin-Like Peptide Fusion Strategy.
J Biomed Biotechnol. 2010: 274346.
Korzekwa, A.J. et al. (2011) Characterization of bovine immortalized luteal endothelial cells: action of cytokines on production and content of arachidonic acid metabolites.
Reprod Biol Endocrinol. 9: 27.
Pujol, J. et al. (2015) Generation of a soluble recombinant trimeric form of bovine CD40L and its potential use as a vaccine adjuvant in cows.
Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 168 (1-2): 1-13.
Soria, I. et al. (2018) Immune Response and Partial Protection against Heterologous Foot-and-Mouth Disease Virus Induced by Dendrimer Peptides in Cattle.
J Immunol Res. 2018: 3497401.
Hecker, Y.P. et al. (2019) Immune response to Neospora caninum live tachyzoites in prepubertal female calves.
Parasitol Res. 118 (10): 2945-55.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra