Goat anti Parainfluenza1 antibody recognizes Parainfluenza 1 (HPIV-1), an enveloped single-stranded RNA virus of the Paramyxoviridae family. This antibody does not react with Parainfluenza types 2 & 3, or uninfected cells.
Parainfluenza viruses are genetically and antigenically divided into the four types HPIV1-4, with HPIV-1, -2 and -3 being major causative agents of lower respiratory infections in the young and immunologically vulnerable.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to was raised by repeated immunisation of goats with highly purified antigen.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.1% Sodium azide
- Parainfluenza type 1 - Cantell strain.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- 4.0 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Parainfluenza Virus 1 antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra