Human Immunodeficiency Virus 1 gp41 antibody
Goat anti Human Immunodeficiency Virus 1 gp41 antibody reacts strongly with Immunodeficiency Virus 1 gp41, gp120 and gp160 in western blot assays. ELISA based peptide mapping studies have confirmed high titer reactivity to HIV MN env peptide in the following regions: (6332)IEPLGVAPTKAKRRV, (6360)CTTTVPWNASWSNKS and moderate activity to multiple other regions on the env polypeptide. The viral envelope protein gp160 is cleaved into fragments gp120 and gp41. gp120 is an exterior envelope glycoprotein on the surface of the virus particle that binds to CD4 and chemokine receptors on macrophages and T-lymphocytes. gp41 is non-covalently bound to gp120 and aids the virus in entering the cell.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Buffer Solution
- 150mM Sodium chloride
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant HIV1 gp41 antigen.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Q70626 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0006915 apoptosis
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005198 structural molecule activity
- GO:0019031 viral envelope
- GO:0019059 initiation of viral infection
- GO:0020002 host cell plasma membrane
- GO:0030260 entry into host cell
- GO:0030683 evasion by virus of host immune response
- GO:0044175 host cell endosome membrane
- GO:0055036 virion membrane
- For research purposes only
Applications of Human Immunodeficiency Virus 1 gp41 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR122F||1 mg||F|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR122P||1 mg||C E WB|
Product Specific References
References for Human Immunodeficiency Virus 1 gp41 antibody
Stefansson S et al. (2013) High-throughput Peptide epitope mapping using carbon nanotube field-effect transistors.
Int J Pept. 2013: 849303.