PPAR Alpha antibody
Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors are vital in the regulation of cellular differentiation, development and metabolism. PPARA is also the target of hypolipidemic fibrates, a class of drugs used in cholesterol disorders.
PPARA alpha is expressed primarily in the liver, kidney, heart and skeletal muscle and is involved in the regulation of beta-oxidation of fatty acids.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Human Monkey Chimpanzee
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to mouse PPAR ALPHA was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids 1 to 18 of mouse PPAR alpha.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0003700 sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
- GO:0003707 steroid hormone receptor activity
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0006006 glucose metabolic process
- GO:0008289 lipid binding
- GO:0006631 fatty acid metabolic process
- GO:0008144 drug binding
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0008544 epidermis development
- GO:0016563 transcription activator activity
- GO:0032099 negative regulation of appetite
- GO:0042060 wound healing
- GO:0043565 sequence-specific DNA binding
- GO:0045944 positive regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0046321 positive regulation of fatty acid oxidation
- GO:0046982 protein heterodimerization activity
- For research purposes only
Applications of PPAR Alpha antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||20ug/ml|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Mouse liver
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):Biotin||STAR121B||E WB||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR121F||F||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR121P||E WB||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR124P||C E WB||1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:FITC||STAR34B||C F||1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:RPE||STAR35A||F||1 ml|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®488||STAR36D488GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®680||STAR36D680GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:Dylight®800||STAR36D800GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|