Rabbit anti Mouse PPAR alpha antibody recognizes mouse Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha (PPAR ALPHA), a 52.2 kDa transcription factor belonging to the nuclear hormone receptor (NR1) family.
Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors are vital in the regulation of cellular differentiation, development and metabolism. PPARA is also the target of hypolipidemic fibrates, a class of drugs used in cholesterol disorders.
PPARA alpha is expressed primarily in the liver, kidney, heart and skeletal muscle and is involved in the regulation of beta-oxidation of fatty acids.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to mouse PPAR ALPHA was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids 1 to 18 of mouse PPAR alpha.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
steroid hormone receptor activity
glucose metabolic process
fatty acid metabolic process
zinc ion binding
transcription activator activity
negative regulation of appetite
sequence-specific DNA binding
positive regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
positive regulation of fatty acid oxidation
protein heterodimerization activity
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of PPAR Alpha antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Mouse liver
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra