Rabbit anti p38 alpha MAPK antibody
recognizes mitogen-activated protein kinase p38 alpha (p38-alpha MAPK), also known as MAP kinase 14 (MAPK14) and stress activated protein kinase 2a (SAPK2a). p38 alpha is a member of the p38 MAPK serine/threonine kinase protein family, which also includes p38-beta (MAPK11), p38-gamma (MAPK12) and p38-delta (MAPK13) (Cargnello and Roux 2011
p38 alpha MAPK becomes activated in response to a variety of stimuli, which include inflammatory cytokines and oxidative stress (Cargnello and Roux 2011
). p38 alpha MAPK plays an essential role in mediating inflammation by regulating the expression of tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNF alpha) and interleukin 1 (IL-1) (Dhillon et al. 2007
). p38 MAPK proteins have been implicated in cancer development and p38 alpha MAPK has been proposed to act as a tumor suppressor (Dhillon et al. 2007
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to p38 alpha MAPK was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Peptide mapping to the carboxy terminus of mouse p38 alpha MAPK and sharing 100% homology with the human sequence
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.2 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC. DO NOT FREEZE.
This product should be stored undiluted. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of p38 Alpha MAPK antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti p38 alpha MAPK recognizes a band of approximately 38 kDa when run under reducing conditions
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra