StarBright Blue 520 Conjugated Goat Anti-Mouse and Goat Anti-Rabbit Fluorescent Secondary Antibodies are ideal for fluorescent western blotting — either for the detection of a single-target protein or for multiplex detection of several proteins on one blot, without stripping and reprobing. StarBright Blue 520 Fluorescent Secondary Antibodies can be used with far-red emission StarBright Blue 700 Antibodies as well as traditional fluorescent detection reagents like Alexa Fluor and DyLight Conjugated Antibodies. In addition, StarBright Antibodies can be used with Bio-Rad's stain-free technology and/or with hFAB™ Rhodamine Anti-Housekeeping Primary Antibodies for protein normalization. These antibodies are optimized for use with the ChemiDoc™ MP Imaging System, permitting detection of up to three proteins in a single blot.
Features and Benefits
Easy multiplexing — can be used with traditional fluorescent antibodies or with Bio-Rad's StarBright Blue 700 Fluorescent Secondary Antibodies to detect multiple proteins on the same blot
High sensitivity — StarBright Blue 520 Fluorescent Secondary Antibodies (Exmax/Emmax = 488 nm/520 nm) have 2–4 fold higher sensitivity compared to traditional green emitters like Alexa Fluor 488 or DyLight 488 Antibodies
Short exposure time — the exceptional brightness of the StarBright Fluorophore leads to shorter exposure times compared to traditional fluorescent dyes: seconds vs. minutes
Low nonspecific binding — conjugated to highly cross-adsorbed antibodies
Goat Anti-Mouse IgG StarBright Blue 520 has been cross-adsorbed against bovine, goat, human, rabbit and rat.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG conjugated to StarBright Blue 520 - lyophilized
- Resuspend contents of the tube in the indicated volume of distilled or deionized water and leave on ice for at least 30 min prior to use. Brief centrufugation (pulse spin for 2-3 sec at max speed in a tabletop microcentrifuge) may be used to collect the contents at the bottom of the tube. Do not centrifuge more than 10 sec.
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to Mouse IgG was raised by repeated immunisation of Goats with highly purified antigen.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- >80% Sucrose
<1% Polyethylene Glycol
<10% Bovine Serum Albumin
- 1 year at -20oC lyophilized; 6 months in the dark at +4oC after resuspension.
This product is photosensitive and should be protected from light
DO NOT FREEZE the solubilized material
- Guaranteed until date of expiry. Please see product label.
- For research purposes only
Applications of IgG antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Western Blotting
- StarBright Blue 520 Fluorescent Secondary Antibodies can be used for multiplex fluorescent western blotting with Bio-Rad's ultra-sensitive near IR StarBright Blue 700 Antibodies and the hFAB Rhodamine Anti-Housekeeping Antibodies.
Note: StarBright Antibodies are not suitable for stripping and reprobing.
- Instructions For Use
- Instructions for use can be found at www.bio-rad-antibodies.com/uploads/IFU/12005866.pdf
Product Specific References
References for IgG antibody
Kumar, S. et al. (2021) Induction of autophagy mitigates TDP-43 pathology and translational repression of neurofilament mRNAs in mouse models of ALS/FTD.
Mol Neurodegener. 16 (1): 1.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra