Rabbit anti ATG5-ATG12 Complex antibody
recognizes an epitope within the C-Terminal (CT) region of the Atg5-Atg12 complex, which plays a key role in the regulation of autophagy, and is emerging as an important factor in the innate immune response to viruses (Hwang et al. 2012
The Atg5-Atg12 complex interacts with retinoic acid–inducible gene 1 and the adaptor molecule IFN-beta promoter stimulator 1, through caspase recruitment domains, thereby acting as a negative regulator of the type I IFN production pathway, and as a contributor to RNA viral replication within the host cells (Takeshita et al 2008
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to mouse Atg5 was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- KLH conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids 262-275 of mouse Atg5. The corresponding sequence differs by one amino acid in human.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
autophagic vacuole assembly
negative regulation of type I interferon production
pre-autophagosomal structure membrane
blood vessel remodeling
response to drug
negative regulation of protein ubiquitination
negative regulation of apoptosis
post-translational protein modification
ventricular cardiac muscle cell development
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of ATG5-ATG12 Complex antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AAM79 detects a band of approximately 56kDa in mouse liver and human U87 cell lysates.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
References for ATG5-ATG12 Complex antibody
Lang, F. et al. (2015) Apoptotic Cell Death Induced by Resveratrol Is Partially Mediated by the Autophagy Pathway in Human Ovarian Cancer Cells.
PLoS One. 10 (6): e0129196.