Rabbit anti ATG5-ATG12 Complex antibody
recognizes an epitope within the C-Terminal (CT) region of the Atg5-Atg12 complex, which plays a key role in the regulation of autophagy, and is emerging as an important factor in the innate immune response to viruses (Hwang et al. 2012
The Atg5-Atg12 complex interacts with retinoic acid–inducible gene 1 and the adaptor molecule IFN-beta promoter stimulator 1, through caspase recruitment domains, thereby acting as a negative regulator of the type I IFN production pathway, and as a contributor to RNA viral replication within the host cells (Takeshita et al 2008
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to mouse Atg5 was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- KLH conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids 262-275 of mouse Atg5. The corresponding sequence differs by one amino acid in human.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
autophagic vacuole assembly
negative regulation of type I interferon production
pre-autophagosomal structure membrane
blood vessel remodeling
response to drug
negative regulation of protein ubiquitination
negative regulation of apoptosis
post-translational protein modification
ventricular cardiac muscle cell development
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of ATG5-ATG12 Complex antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AAM79 detects a band of approximately 56kDa in mouse liver and human U87 cell lysates.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
References for ATG5-ATG12 Complex antibody
Lang, F. et al. (2015) Apoptotic Cell Death Induced by Resveratrol Is Partially Mediated by the Autophagy Pathway in Human Ovarian Cancer Cells.
PLoS One. 10 (6): e0129196.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra