Filter by Application:WB P Reset
|Goat ati Human SNAP25 antibody recognizes human synaptosomal-associated protein, 25kD (SNAP-25), also known as Super protein (Sup) or Synaptosomal-associated 25 kDa protein. SNAP-25 is a 206 amino acid, presynaptic plasma membrane protein containning 2 tSNARE coiled-coil domains and is essential for Ca2+-regulated exocytosis of neurotransmitters. SNAP-25 binds to and negatively modulate Ca2+ channels, increasing the speed of neurotransmitter release (Rettiq et al. 1996) .Goat ati Human SNAP25 antibody detects an epitope within the C-terminal (CT) of human SNAP25 (aa 193-206).
As a result of alternative splicing, SNAP-25 is expressed by neurons and neuroendocrine cells as two predominant isoforms; SNAP-25a and SNAP-25b. SNAP-25a is expressed early in development, whereas SNAP-25b expression is linked to synaptogenesis (Bark and Wilson 1994). Goat ati human SNAP25 antibody is expected to recognise both isoforms.
SNAP-25 may be a possible therapeutic treatment target for sufferers of hyperactivity disorders (Barr et al. 2000), whilst SNAP-25 based peptides may be a possible treatment for involuntary muscle spasms (Hodel 1998).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat Expected from Sequence Mouse Dog Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human SNAP-25 were raised by repeated immunisations of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.02% Sodium Azide 0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Peptide sequence C-DEANQRATKMLGSG corresponding to the C-terminus of SNAP-25 (NP_003072.2, NP_570824.1).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||2.0||4.0ug/ml|
- 1Heat-mediated antigen retrieval is required prior to staining paraffin sections with this antibody. Bio-Rad recommend citrate buffer, pH6.0, for this purpose.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1124 detects a band of approximately 22kDa in human and mouse brain lysates. A minimum incubation time of 1 hour is recommended with this antibody.
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Your Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR122F||F||1 mg||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):FITC|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR122P||C E WB||1 mg||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP|
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up