Pericentrin 1 antibody
Goat anti Human Pericentrin 1 antibody recognises the C-terminal of human pericentrin 1, a ~75 kDa component of the filamentous matrix of the centrosome, expressed in all tissues. When associated with centrosome and Golgi localised protein kinase N-associated protein (CG-NAP), pericentrin 1 anchors the gamma-tubulin ring complex, providing a site for microtubule nucleation and the initial establishment of organized microtubule arrays. It binds calmodulin and is a constituent of nuclear pore proteins (nup) 107-160, a sub-complex of the nuclear pore complex. Pericentrin 1 is thought to play a role in the functioning of the centrosomes, cytoskeleton, and cell-cycle progression.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat Expected from Sequence Mouse Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human pericentrin 1 (CT) were raised by repeated immunisations of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.02% Sodium Azide 0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Peptide sequence C-ARAIIREGSLEGS corresponding to the C-terminal of pericentrin 1 (NP_079120).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Q9BW27 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- NUP85 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0000236 mitotic prometaphase
- GO:0000777 condensed chromosome kinetochore
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005819 spindle
- GO:0005975 carbohydrate metabolic process
- GO:0016032 viral reproduction
- GO:0010827 regulation of glucose transport
- GO:0015031 protein transport
- GO:0015758 glucose transport
- GO:0031080 Nup107-160 complex
- GO:0031965 nuclear membrane
- GO:0051028 mRNA transport
- GO:0055085 transmembrane transport
- For research purposes only
Applications of Pericentrin 1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1092 detects a band of approximately 75kDa in Hela cell lysates. A minimum incubation time of 1 hour is recommended with this antibody.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)