Goat anti Human Pericentrin 1 antibody recognises the C-terminal of human pericentrin 1, a ~75 kDa component of the filamentous matrix of the centrosome, expressed in all tissues. When associated with centrosome and Golgi localised protein kinase N-associated protein (CG-NAP), pericentrin 1 anchors the gamma-tubulin ring complex, providing a site for microtubule nucleation and the initial establishment of organized microtubule arrays. It binds calmodulin and is a constituent of nuclear pore proteins (nup) 107-160, a sub-complex of the nuclear pore complex. Pericentrin 1 is thought to play a role in the functioning of the centrosomes, cytoskeleton, and cell-cycle progression.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
||Expected from Sequence
||Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human pericentrin 1 (CT) were raised by repeated immunisations of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
|0.5%||Bovine Serum Albumin|
- Peptide sequence C-ARAIIREGSLEGS corresponding to the C-terminal of pericentrin 1 (NP_079120).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
condensed chromosome kinetochore
carbohydrate metabolic process
regulation of glucose transport
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Pericentrin 1 antibody
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1092 detects a band of approximately 75kDa in Hela cell lysates. A minimum incubation time of 1 hour is recommended with this antibody.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available