Goat anti Human Pericentrin 1 antibody recognises the C-terminal of human pericentrin 1, a ~75 kDa component of the filamentous matrix of the centrosome, expressed in all tissues. When associated with centrosome and Golgi localised protein kinase N-associated protein (CG-NAP), pericentrin 1 anchors the gamma-tubulin ring complex, providing a site for microtubule nucleation and the initial establishment of organized microtubule arrays. It binds calmodulin and is a constituent of nuclear pore proteins (nup) 107-160, a sub-complex of the nuclear pore complex. Pericentrin 1 is thought to play a role in the functioning of the centrosomes, cytoskeleton, and cell-cycle progression.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
||Expected from Sequence
||Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human pericentrin 1 (CT) were raised by repeated immunisations of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
|0.5%||Bovine Serum Albumin|
- Peptide sequence C-ARAIIREGSLEGS corresponding to the C-terminal of pericentrin 1 (NP_079120).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
condensed chromosome kinetochore
carbohydrate metabolic process
regulation of glucose transport
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Pericentrin 1 antibody
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1092 detects a band of approximately 75kDa in Hela cell lysates. A minimum incubation time of 1 hour is recommended with this antibody.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra